After five straight losing seasons, second place in the Southern Oregon Hybrid sounds pretty good to members of the Roseburg High girls basketball team. The Indians prevailed in their rubber match with North Medford on Senior Night at Robertson Memorial Gym Tuesday, scoring the final seven points to take a 42-36 victory in the regular season finale. Roseburg (17-7, 7-5 SOH) finished as the conference runner-up behind second-ranked South Medford (20-4, 12-0), the defending Class 6A state champion. The win sets the Indians up for a possible home game next Wednesday in the first round of the state playoffs. Roseburg …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees