SAN DIEGO — Ex-North Eugene High standout Andrew Moore limited San Diego State to two hits in 8 1/3 innings and the sixth-ranked Oregon State baseball team picked up the series victory with a 5-0 win over the Aztecs Saturday afternoon at Tony Gwynn Stadium. The win gives the Beavers a 7-0 record for the first time since the 2007 season and third time under head coach Pat Casey. In going for the sweep today at noon, Oregon State has a chance to be 8-0 for the first time since 1962. That club went 18-0 to begin the season en …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees