Shelby Snook was born to be a basketball player. A coach’s daughter, the 18-year-old Roseburg High senior learned the game at an early age and has evolved into one of the finest all-around talents in school history. “It has kind of been the thing since I was little, being around the game because my dad (Rod) coached,” she said Monday. “I was at my first game in the stands when I was 3 days old. It’s just kind of been my lifestyle.” Her father agreed. “She was in the gym by the time she could walk,” said Rod Snook, who …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees