LA GRANDE — David Sturner, a Philomath High product, was named Newcomer of the Year, and sophomore Eric Thompson, from Roseburg, joined him on the first-team as the Cascade Collegiate Conference released its men’s basketball all-conference teams Wednesday. Sturner was one of two players to average a double-double during the 2012-13 conference season, ranking 13th in the league in scoring (12.8 points per game) and second in rebounding (10.4). Through 33 games, Sturner has grabbed 305 rebounds. Thompson earned first-team honors for the second straight year after ranking seventh in the conference in scoring (14.4) and eighth in rebounding (6.6). …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees