PENDLETON — Brooke Spencer, playing her final game in an Oakland uniform, led the Oakers to a fourth-place finish Saturday morning. Spencer, a senior guard, hit four 3-point field goals and scored 20 points as Oakland defeated Pilot Rock 44-33 at the Pendleton Convention Center. The Oakers (23-5) matched their state finish of a year ago, finishing 2-1 in the tournament. Sophomore guard Cora Gallop had 10 points and five steals for the Oakers, who shot only 32 percent (12 of 38) from the field but fared 68 percent (15 of 22) from the line. Jesse Herbert chipped in eight …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees