WINSTON Douglas basketball plans fundraiser The Douglas High boys basketball program is holding a fundraiser on Saturday, a can/bottle drive which will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Shop Smart. located at 151 NW Douglas Blvd. Anyone wishing to make a donation can drop off their cans or bottles during that time. Information: Brad Cavens, 541-733-1611. SUTHERLIN Mitchell scores ace at UGR Glenn Mitchell of Roseburg scored a hole-in-one on the par-3, 139-yard No. 6 hole at Umpqua Golf Resort last Friday. Mitchell used a 6-iron the shot, which was witnessed by Ragen Garrison, Buddy Peterman and Rob …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees