The future of Roseburg High wrestling looks extremely promising, judging by the performances of the middle school grapplers at last Saturday’s state tournament at Woodburn High School. Joseph Lane won its first state championship and Fremont finished second among 95 schools. The Pioneers had three individual champions and compiled 155.5 points, while the Generals produced two champs and tallied 135.5 points. Scenic of Central Point was third with 96 points. Other central Douglas County schools competing were Winston (18th, 31 points), Coffenberry of Myrtle Creek and Glide (tie for 65th, seven apiece), Riddle (tie for 71st, three) and Sutherlin (83rd, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees