CAMAS VALLEY — A North Bend woman faces felony charges after losing control of her station wagon and crashing into an oncoming vehicle Wednesday on Highway 42 west of Camas Valley, seriously injuring a passenger in the other vehicle, according to the Oregon State Police. Elise M. Grundy, 19, was cited on suspicion of reckless driving, recklessly endangering another person, third-degree assault and driving without insurance. Police said Grundy was driving west in a 1995 Ford Taurus near Singletree Road at about Milepost 50 at about 11:40 a.m. Witnesses said that just before Grundy lost control on a sharp curve, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees