GLIDE — Jacob Fricke struck out 10 Riddle batters in four innings of work on the mound as the top-ranked Glide baseball team rolled to a 12-0 win in five innings in a nonleague game Thursday at Sewell Field. Brenden Fricke went 1-for-2 with three runs and Zach Rose added a two-run double for the Wildcats (11-1 overall), who scored eight runs in the bottom of the second inning. Cory Finlay tripled. “The kids played well,” said Glide coach Al Skinner. “We didn’t have Brandon Halter (who was making a basketball visit to Clackamas Community College) and shuffled our lineup …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees