The Umpqua Valley Christian baseball team scored 10 times in the first two innings on its way to a five-inning victory Thursday, 19-4 over Creswell in nonleague play at Legion Field. Joel Graham and Danny Medak had three hits apiece, and Jordan Mesa doubled twice to knock in four runs and score two more to lead the Monarchs (13-4 overall). Medak and Graham both doubled, too, with the former scoring three runs and the latter scoring two. Jake Forrester and Greg Suhrstedt also scored three runs each. Graham pitched two scoreless innings of relief, and that was all it took …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees