BELLEVUE, Wash. — Jake Rodriguez reached on an infield single to drive in Danny Hayes in the 14th inning, giving the seventh-ranked Oregon State baseball team a 4-3 nonleague win over Seattle Monday at Bannerwood Park. Scott Schultz was stellar in relief for the Beavers (31-8), throwing 7 1/3 scoreless innings. The junior right-hander picked up the win to improve to 2-1 this year after allowing just two hits while striking out three. The clubs kept each other off the board for seven consecutive innings leading up to the Beavers’ run in the 14th. OSU relievers Tony Bryant, Brandon Jackson, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees