A woman’s body was discovered Sunday morning near Winchester Bay, according to officials. At 8:48 a.m., the Douglas County dispatch center received a call from a person who reported smelling smoke coming from bushes along Highway 101 at Milepost 217. The person stopped to investigate and found the unclothed body. The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office referred calls to the Oregon State Police. An OSP spokesman said the agency would release information later today. No other details were available this morning. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees