OAKLAND — The pitching of Emily Lytle helped the Oakland softball team sweep a nonleague doubleheader with Bonanza, 10-0 and 12-2 Saturday. Lytle finished the two-game set with 19 strikeouts and only walked two in 11 innings pitched for Oakland (17-9). Beth Patt, started game one off with leadoff triple, which set the tone for a 7-run inning for the Oakers. In the nightcap, Patt continued to dominate at the plate driving in two more runs and was 2-for-3 at the plate. Game 1 Bonanza 000 000 — 0 3 3 Oakland 70 111 — 10 5 3 McGee and Duk; Lytle and Patt. WP — Lytle. LP — McGee. 3B — …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees