MEDFORD — Fiona Johnson dropped both of her matches in the championship singles bracket, but the Roseburg girls tennis team used a pair of wins in the consolation finals to claim second overall in the team standings of the SWC championships at South Medford High. Johnson qualified for the 6A championships Thursday by reaching the semifinals. But the junior fell to eventual champion Wren Eustis of South Eugene in the semifinals and Kelsey Bartlett in the third-fourth match. Claire Hittle won the consolation title by beating Rachel Berkey of Grants Pass, 6-2, 6-2. The doubles team of Monica Hall and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees