LA GRANDE — The South Umpqua High baseball team is back in the state playoffs for the first time since 2010. Junior Justin Bennett hit a three-run homer in the first inning to give the Lancers a lead they never returned in a 6-5 upset win over La Grande in the Class 4A play-in round Friday. Now the Lancers look for their first playoff win since reaching the semifinals in 2002. They’ll travel to Klamath Falls for Wednesday’s first round and face top-seeded Henley (22-5 overall), which was the Skyline Conference champion and reached the state semifinals last season. The …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees