The distance runners stole the spotlight for Roseburg on the final day of the Southwest Conference track and field meet on Saturday afternoon at Finlay Field. Junior Kenny Freeman won his first district championship in the 1,500 meters, freshman Mahala Norris set a school record in the girls 1,500 and also advanced to state in the 800 and junior Ben Rodriguez finished fifth in the 800 but met the state qualifying standard to extend his season for the Indians. Senior Kathryn Pitts also earned a berth to state with a runner-up finish in the girls triple jump and the boys …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees