Kathy Gustafson (midgets), Tony Thomas (vintage sprints), Skipper Klimcheck (Pro-4), Mike Batman (Old Time Racers) and Dave Beals (hornets) all won main events during Saturday night’s Pacific Racing Association program at the Douglas County Speedway. The show was marred by an accident involving a vintage sprint car driver from Henderson, Nev. George Blacker, 58, was seriously injured near the end of the main event after his car flipped over the fence and into the parking lot. Blacker, who sustained injuries to his neck and arm, was taken to Mercy Medical Center and later transported to Sacred Heart Medical Center at …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees