DRAIN — A key for any successful student-athlete in college is time management. Stephanie Hescock, a graduate of North Douglas High, mastered that during her time at Northwest Christian University in Eugene. The 23-year-old, who just completed a master in business administration, was recently selected a CoSIDA/Capitol One first-team Academic All-American for the second straight year. The Academic All-America program, selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America, honors the nation’s top student-athletes for their performance on the field and in the classroom. Hescock, who stands 5-foot-3, was one of four NAIA Cascade Collegiate Conference athletes chosen for the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees