A Roseburg woman was sentenced Wednesday to more than three years in prison for stealing “a couple hundred thousand dollars” from her employer over several years, Douglas County Deputy District Attorney Shannon Sullivan said. Jacqueline Rena Parret, 42, was handed a 40-month term by Circuit Judge George Ambrosini. She pleaded no contest June 26 to five counts of first-degree aggravated theft and one count of first-degree theft for stealing money from Grocery Outlet in Roseburg. Parret was a bookkeeper for the grocery store, Sullivan said. When asked by Ambrosini whether she had anything to say at her sentencing, Parret said, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees