We beautify our surroundings with plants for many reasons: a pleasing view, color, scent, food or for providing wildlife habitat. Many usual plants in the garden are non-native, but I would like you to consider our own Oregon native plants. If it’s color you’re after, there are several very showy flowering plants. If you like pinks, some pretty specimens are wild rose, Douglas spirea and red flowering current, which is actually the color of a beautiful fuchsia. For a bright yellow bloom, our own Oregon native sunflower and Oregon grape are very showy. If you like the softer tones of …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees