It wasn’t easy, but the Pepsi Bottlecaps fought back to beat the Grants Pass Miners 10-5 on the opening day of the American Legion baseball Class A state tournament Wednesday at Bill Gray Stadium at Legion Field. Pepsi (20-8 overall) fell behind twice, but rallied each time. A six-run fifth inning gave the Bottlecaps the lead for good. “I thought our guys had a great approach at the plate and they were able to get the bat on the baseball and be productive for us,” Pepsi coach Justin O’Byrne said. “We’re on the winner’s side of the bracket and that …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees