James Snyder never got an opportunity to play college football. But the 27-year-old, a 2005 graduate of Roseburg High School, continued to play his favorite sport following his final game for the Indians as a senior. The 5-foot-9, 190-pounder recently completed his ninth year of semi-pro football as a member of the Southern Oregon Renegades, who play in the Pacific Football League. Snyder played for the Umpqua Valley Knights before they folded in 2010. “I love the game of football and everything it has to offer,” said Snyder, who was a third-team all-Southern Oregon Conference wide receiver and cornerback at …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees