EUGENE — The Eugene Challengers lost their first game of the American Legion AAA baseball Northwest regional tournament on Sunday, but will play today for a berth in the Legion World Series. Cheyenne, Wyo., beat the Challengers 10-5 to stay alive in the double-elimination tournament. Cameron Johnson went 3-for-4 with a pair of home runs for Cheyenne (53-24), which faced Waipahu, Hawaii (21-4), at 1 p.m. today in an elimination contest. The winner meets Eugene (28-31). Greg Ashley also had three hits in four at-bats for Cheyenne. Andy Arruda was 3-for-4 and Erik Long 3-for-5 for Eugene. The Challengers have …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees