SALEM — The Roseburg football team got the result it wanted in its season opener Friday night at Bennett Field. Senior fullback River Sigrest ran for 109 yards and four touchdowns as the Indians took a 21-point halftime lead and rolled to a 47-21 non-conference win over South Salem. Senior tailback Levi Holden rushed for 102 yards and one TD for Roseburg, which finished with 391 yards total offense — 276 coming on the ground. Quarterback Cody Walker passed for 115 yards and ran for 41 and one score, tight end Ryan Ball made three receptions for 61 yards and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees