WINSTON — Mikala Dupper scored the deciding goal on a penalty kick with 18 seconds remaining as the Douglas girls edged South Umpqua, 3-2, on Tuesday in a Far West League game in the season opener for both teams. Dupper also scored a goal early in the second half after Cheyenne Ramos opened the scoring in the 17th minute. Chelsea Davis scored the Lancers’ first goal in the 20th minute off an assist from Shelby Boyd, then Sarah Fairchild found the back of the net in the 78th minute off a feed from Madison Castro. NONLEAGUE North Valley 2 Glide …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees