Marshfield will play its first Far West League football game in Winston Friday night, meeting Douglas. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. The Pirates of Coos Bay, who moved down to Class 4A from 5A, opened their season last week with a 35-14 loss to Pendleton at Pete Susick Stadium, managing only 78 yards total offense. Alex Brown was pretty much Marshfield’s offense, rushing for 74 yards on 16 carries. The Trojans (1-1) lost 21-18 to La Salle last Friday in Milwaukie. Douglas had the ball at the Falcon 5-yard-line with under a minute to play in the contest, but …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees