A 52-year-old Sutherlin woman was arrested Tuesday afternoon on suspicion of stealing more than $17,000 from an elderly woman under her care, the Douglas County Sheriff’s office said today. Deputies said they received a tip from that Netta Mackey may have taken advantage of the alleged victim, a 98-year-old Sutherlin resident. Mackey had been the older woman’s caregiver for six months, deputies said. She allegedly forged and cashed checks worth a total of $17,600 from her client’s bank account. Mackey was arrested on suspicion of 23 counts of first-degree forgery, 16 counts of a computer crime, one count of first-degree …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees