WINSTON — Camas Valley outlasted Yoncalla in the championship match of the Skyline League volleyball playoffs on Saturday at Douglas High School, winning 26-24, 25-23, 14-25, 19-25, 15-9 to earn the league’s top seed for the Class 1A playoffs. Whitney Lindsey finished with 18 kills for the Hornets (15-5), who finished second behind the Eagles (12-5) in the Skyline during the regular season. Kayla Tilton added 10 kills, including six in the fifth game, and Jayden McIntire played stellar defensively in the back row, coach Ron Pope said. “A total team effort,” Pope said. “Everybody played to their potential. It …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees