Convicted murderer Jesse Fanus, on death row since 1999 for killing war hero Marion Carl, will have to wait until at least February 2015 for a new sentencing hearing. Wearing a gray suit and blue shirt, Fanus, 34, appeared Wednesday in Douglas County Circuit Court, where attorneys and Judge George Ambrosini discussed scheduling conflicts and eventually agreed to set the hearing for Feb. 3, 2015. At issue is whether Fanus should be sentenced to death, life in prison without the possibility of parole or life in prison with the possibility of parole after 30 years. A Douglas County jury found …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees