A Winston man killed in a one-car crash Monday in Glendale was a longtime Roseburg Forest Products employee who is remembered by family members as a generous man. Michael Ray Porter, 53, died shortly before 10 a.m. when he lost control of his vehicle on a corner in the 10 block of Reuben Road, went down an embankment and hit trees. “He was just a wonderful guy who stopped and helped everybody,” said sister-in-law Helen Moore, whose sister, Tammy Porter, had been married to Porter for 23 years. Porter worked at RFP’s Dillard mill and had been an employee with …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees