WINSTON Roseburg man cited after running off Highway 42 A Roseburg man who struck a utility pole Tuesday told police he veered off Highway 42 after he looked up from reaching for a pack of cigarettes, saw a cat and swerved. Jimmy J. Nuzum, 54, was headed west on the highway near Towhee Lane west of Winston at about 4 p.m. when he lost control of his 1992 Toyota Camry. Nuzum told an Oregon State Police trooper he swerved to avoid the cat and went into the ditch on the north side of the road. The Camry struck the telephone …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees