John Greenleaf Whittier, a Quaker poet, must have had quite fond memories of Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie, as we can see in his 1850 poem,
Extension Spotlight: Try this pumpkin recipe and you're gourd to go
Trending in: Outdoors
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Douglas County sees 65 percent increase in littering calls since dump fees implemented
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- Police: Man put woman in 'sleeper hold' and tied her up shortly before woman's death
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'