When the urge strikes to sleep outside or roast marshmallows over an open fire, Douglas County residents are blessed with ample choices of nearby campgrounds close to trails, rivers, lakes, hot springs and waterfalls. Here are 10 popular Douglas County campgrounds. Most are in the Umpqua National Forest and Bureau of Land Management nature areas. 1. Diamond Lake Diamond Lake Campground books up fast in the summer, requiring campers to plan ahead. It’s popular for good reason. The 238-site campground is on the east shore of Diamond Lake, which offers plenty of swimming, fishing and boating opportunities. Bicyclists can take …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees