The Second Amendment I have recently become aware of a subset of Americans who fervently believe in the notion that the Second Amendment exists for the purpose of affording people who disagree with the government’s position on an issue to openly rebel against the government. This seems to be the one true purpose in owning military-style weapons and large magazine clips. How else to fight the well-armed and trained local police or the FBI? First, Article III Section 3 talks about treason against the United States. The Second Amendment would need to rescind Article III to make it OK to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees