Because many of the most successful names are the same, so is the rhetoric: The end of the Roseburg High tennis teams’ competitive streaks are nowhere in sight. There’s a propitious wrinkle, though, for the Indian boys and girls. The same things that have them set for the future also have them giddy about the present. For the boys, that wrinkle is the inclusion of freshman Stefan Ball in their lineup. Ball, the youngest son of head coach Eric Ball, is a year-round, nationally-ranked player — right around 60th for 14-year-olds — who will step in as Roseburg’s No. 1 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees