COOS BAY — Sutherlin High golfer Tyler Franke carded an 82 to place second individually Monday at Watson Ranch in the first Far West League tournament of the season. Brookings’ Kyle Gordon claimed medalist honors with a 77, leading the Bruins to a first-place team score off 366. Sutherlin was second out of four teams with a combined 383 strokes. Scott Meyer (92), Matt Tew (104) and Jaden Sheldon (105) had the other counting scores behind Franke. The event was the first of five to be sanctioned by the FWL. The team with the best cumulative score from the five …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees