GRANTS PASS — The course was unkind all the way around Monday at the first Southwest Conference girls golf counter of the season. Defending champion Sheldon accumulated 322 strokes as a team to win easily, but the next best score was Roseburg’s 387 — the Indians’ highest of the season — at the Grants Pass Invitational, played at the G.P. Country Club. Roseburg sophomore Clare Dittemore carded an 84, tying for third place individually. Sheldon junior Haleigh Krause took medalist honors with a 73. The Indians’ second-best score was Alexis Horn’s 100. They’ll have two more SWC regular season rounds …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees