That familiar, reliable formula hasn’t gone anywhere. Shut-down pitching, timely hitting and defensive proficiency are what made the Roseburg baseball team league champions four straight years and shot a new lineup of Indians somewhat unexpectedly up to No. 5 in the OSAA Class 6A coaches’ poll last week. Except one part of the formula was missing Tuesday at Legion Field. Against Grant Pass pitcher Chris Ingledue, even with the benefit of extra innings, the timely hit never came. Roseburg starter Cody Watkins stalled the Cavemen as long as he could, but his complete game was spoiled when freshman Easton Bents …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees