MEDFORD Pettibone third in Pear Blossom Run Jill Pettibone of Roseburg finished third among the women in the 37th annual Pear Blossom Run on April 13. The 45-year-old covered the 10-mile course in 1 hour, 2 minutes, 39 seconds. Her 22-year-old daughter, Sam, was the seventh female finisher in 1:06.40. Marci Gage of Bend, a former Phoenix High runner, won the women’s race in 58:03. Former Glendale High and University of Oregon standout Rosa Gutierrez, now living in San Jose, Calif., was fifth in 1:05:45. On the men’s side, David Laney of Ashland was the winner in 52:18. The top …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees