Roseburg Park Smart’s Ron Sanders seems more like an old-fashioned beat cop than a typical parking enforcement officer. Sanders makes a point of dropping in to downtown businesses to say, “Hi,” and see how things are going. He also contacts police if he sees troublemakers. He writes tickets for expired meters, but prefers issuing warnings for other parking offenses. When he sees cars taking up two spaces, he writes notes to remind the drivers they are inconveniencing other drivers. Sanders and Kenny Sherman, who was a longtime Roseburg radio disc jockey, are the only enforcement officers for Park Smart, which …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees