A woman who was looking at her cellphone veered into an adjoining lane and collided with another motorist Monday afternoon in the 1800 block of Diamond Lake Boulevard, Roseburg police said. Police said that while they were investigating the crash the driver who veered, Kyra Lavada Schultz, 23, of Winston, attempted to throw away a syringe filled with methamphetamine. Schultz was booked into the Douglas County Jail on suspicion of possession of methamphetamine and issued a citation for careless driver. There was no indication she was under the influence of drugs when she crashed, police said. She was in custody …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees