After seven demanding days of racing over land and water, Ivy emerged as the top dog. The 5-year-old Ivy, a female Labrador, won the 2013 National Amateur Field Trial Championship held June 16-22 in Mondovi, Wis. Under the guidance of owner/handler Andy Kahn of Roseburg, Ivy made runs of up to about 450 yards to retrieve birds she had seen dropped or to retrieve birds she had not seen, but to which she was directed by Kahn via whistle and hand signals. Kahn said the Lab never wavered in her efforts to retrieve and return birds to him. Asked how …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees