Robert Sprague of Coos Bay came to Graffiti Weekend this year for his father. It was Wes Sprague who passed along his passion for autos to his three children. Wes Sprague died in Roseburg in January, but he was well-represented at Saturday night’s downtown cruise. His granddaughter Tara Thornton was in town from Florida with her husband Matt, taking laps in a pewter-brown colored 1967 Mustang. His daughter, Michelle Duval, was out in her black 1967 Mustang. Robert and his mother, Ruth, Wes’ wife, were taking turns driving Wes’ 1956 pickup. Leaning against a crowd barricade, Robert Sprague waited for …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees