For those who’ve ever called a 1-800 number and wondered who’s behind the voice on the other end, just look around next time you’re in line at a grocery store or walking through a park. Due to several factors that make Roseburg unattractive to some — low wages, high unemployment, distance from metropolitan centers — the city has proven a suitable home for two growing call center businesses. Together, they employ nearly 1,000 people, and their managers say they have no problem finding and keeping good help. They say Roseburg is at the forefront of an evolving industry that’s bringing …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees