Friends of the Umpqua Hiking Club plans to hike to Kentucky Falls and the North Fork Smith River this Saturday. The 8.5-mile hike takes hikers past three waterfalls. Participants are asked to meet before 8 a.m. in Douglas County Courthouse parking lot and share carpool expenses. Information: 541-839-4334.
Reporter Emily Hoard can be reached at 541-957-4217 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or follow her on Twitter @hoard_emily.
React to this story:
Business, Natural Resources and Outdoors Reporter
Emily Hoard is the business, outdoors and natural resources reporter for The News-Review. She can be reached at 541-957-4217 or by email at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @hoard_emily.
- Oregon man sentenced for sexually abusing 2 girls
- Man found guilty of 2010 rape after sex assault kit tested
- Improvements planned for Highway 99 in Winchester
- Commissioners to hear from interim commissioner applicants
- UCC cross country team' new coach, new athletes are ready to start building a program