Inmates should earn luxuries Will a day spa be the newest addition to our Douglas County Jail? After hearing of the kiosk to soon be added to the list of luxuries of our local inmates, I found myself wondering if our tax money would next be helping fund a day spa in the county jail. Why in the world are inmates allowed to pick and choose items from commissary as if they are at a local convenience store, one they may have robbed or shoplifted from to end up in jail? Thinking about the luxuries our local criminals are freely …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees