Do not underestimate the power of the humble press release. Even in the age of social media, blogs and RSS feeds, the press release remains the simplest, yet most effective tool for generating publicity about your small business. Better yet, the resulting coverage costs nothing compared to the costs of paid advertising. While you don’t have to be a PR expert or writing whiz to create an effective release, a potentially newsworthy item may be overlooked if the release is poorly organized or doesn’t seem newsworthy. First, you need to have news that’s worth sharing. Things that may seem important …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees