CORVALLIS — The Sutherlin girls basketball team didn’t come home with the big prize — the Class 4A state championship — but was able to finish its season on a winning note. The Bulldogs rebounded from a disappointing loss to La Grande Thursday night in the semifinals, outlasting Cascade of Turner 62-58 in overtime to take third place in the tournament Friday afternoon at Gill Coliseum. Sophomore guard Miranda Mendenhall had 16 points, five assists and four steals for the Bulldogs (27-1), who outscored Cascade (20-7) 7-3 in the extra session to conclude the tourney with a 2-1 record. Mendenhall …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees