A Riddle man already in custody Wednesday on suspicion of theft and drug possession was cited for littering after dropping a syringe on his way to jail, Roseburg police said. William Clayton Gallagher, 26, was being held today in the Douglas County Jail on suspicion of possession of heroin, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, reckless endangering of another person and offensive littering. Police say Gallagher was a passenger in a vehicle officers stopped shortly before 10 a.m. because a witness reported seeing him steal a purse from a vehicle in the east parking lot of the Douglas County Courthouse. Police dog …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees