Be watchful of OR voting laws The integrity of Oregon’s voting system has changed in recent years and though many voters like the convenience of a mail-in ballot, I feel the integrity of our system was drawn down several notches with the change. That is not a reflection on our county elections office; however, they can only do their job in keeping with Oregon statutes covering elections and directives from Secretary of State Kate Brown. As reported in the March 19, 2013 Oregonian, Ms. Brown is set to “…unveil legislation that would use driver-license data—and eventually—data from other government agencies …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees